Sunday, November 16, 2008

Back Home in Vermont Sweater

Most things I completed this year has been for N, some for me but very few (any?) for T. I have this UFO that will take forever to complete. Specially since I'm not knitting on it at all for the last years. It is Stone Circles by Kaffe Fassett. Having the guilt I last year showed him the Back Home in Vermont Sweater in the book "The Natural Knitter". Better (and so much faster) to do other projects for T. At the "Syfestivalen" last year I even bought the yarn. In October this year I started.

It is always better to read the pattern, and I mean really read it. "Increase 1 st in the beginning of each row" does not mean to increase in the beginning and in the end.

So now I have done half a sleeve twice and remade 14+14 rows of the body. But I'm on the way.
The pattern is easy and the yarn is really nice. It's a cable but not using an extra needle, just twisting the stiches. It's a top-down knitting and is getting quite chunky right now. I need a new knitting for the subway soon.

No comments: