Monday, June 7, 2010

Oriental Lily in progress

Earlier this Spring when Marias garn started the yarn sale I got three hanks of Araucania Ulmo Multi (2 different colors and 3 different shades, Maria talked about them as three sisters).
I love the colors of this yarn, all three versions.

N first said she wanted a cardigan but then having seen the Oriental Lily dress picture decided for one. I'm making the big sister version, in a size 3 & 4 combined.

I'm not completely happy when multi colored yarns creates this pattern of one shade "moving" over the garnment. So I frogged part of the skirt and I'm now "cutting" the yarn every 2-4th row to prevent this further. I'm making the top part in one shade, the skirt in a second and the sleeves in the third. The contrast part i Garnstudio's Muskat.


I'm now trying to get N to try it on prior to finish making it up (OK, I'm actually begging). So far no luck.......

No comments: