Thursday, February 3, 2011

Start and restart of Cobblestone

For Christmas I bought T yarn to a Cobblestone sweater. N, now 4 years thought that he should knit it. I explained that I was going to do the knitting part. I bought Heavens hand in an olive shade at Litet Nystan.


While starting many other projects (and finishing very few) I started in a good manner. I swatched and meassured. I made it "the old way" meaning (only) making a small swatch 12 cm at the tops and not really long enough to count the rows. It was according to the gauge - so - I frogged it. (At HV I was taught to make a larger swatch, prefferably in the same manner that the garment will be knitted - for Cobblestone, it in the round. Then wash it and save it. Never seem to remember that part of the preparation)

Size was decided and I started. A, 8 months helped me winding the yarn but mostly she was trying to eat it.


Feeling good about the progress I asked T to try it on after one skein, it looked OK. After the second skein I asked again for I thought it looked a bit too small. Of cause it was.....

Time for restart making one size larger:

Current status is almost ready to start the yoke, T is away this week so I've started on the first sleeve, and of cause also started two other projects and brought home yarn for another three :-)

No comments: