Sunday, August 12, 2012

Reminders!

I was so proud - I was knitting from my stash, at least almost all the yarn was there to start. Only 2 skeins was missing - but then I was planning for striped sleeves.

Thing doesn't always turn out the way I plan:

  • Just because the fun part (knitting) was over and the finish up part should start doesn't mean the knitting needles should be left at home. The wooden "skewer" (grillpinnar) left wooden trails in the yarn and almost broke it.


  • Just because the dyelot were 1102 and 1104 doen't mean they are close in shade. The sleevs are much more yellow - and I think it got worse after washing.

  • Just because the knitting (with sharp needles to do the finishing up) should be kept out of reach for children it is NOT a good idea to place it on top of an oil lamp to soke over night. It stinks! Now I need to figure out how to clean it. 

No comments: